Saturday, January 28, 2012

Berwick

All my life, I've lived out in Ferntree Gully.  As a 'proper' cyclist, 40kms isn't too far to commute - and the roads are reasonably friendly.
But for driving and public transport, it's a bit of a pain.  Working in South Melbourne, 90 minutes of my day was being chewed up in travel - each way.  The thought of going even further out with that wasn't one I wanted to consider, but looking at prices, it looked like being necessary to be able to afford anything.

For this reason Berwick wasn't really a truly viable option, but I looked anyway.  But when you're looking at 450k for a 3br place, it's basically already priced itself out of contention.
Cranbourne was the next step, but it neither reduced the pain significantly enough, and only added to the transport time.

Still considering options, I figured I'd have a look at some displays out that way.  I knew about Metricon, so that's where I headed.  It wasn't where I ended up.

No comments:

Post a Comment