Friday, February 3, 2012

Finance

When it comes to the finance side of buying a house it's going to quickly get overwhelming if you've got no experience with this kind of stuff.  All this talk of LVRs and LMI, how much they'll let you borrow, the actual rate you'll get offered versus what they list, comparison rates versus standard variable rates... and then you have to figure out if you want a split loan, if you want any of that amount fixed, whether you have or want income protection...

To say it's confusing is an understatement.

Now because I can't give any financial advice, and explaining all this would result in a very long and boring post, I can only recommend you do what I did - go speak to a professional.  A quick on-the-spot meeting with  someone at NAB told me I'd have no real problems borrowing an amount in the ballpark of what I was looking at - which at that time was around 250k.  Of course, that quickly grew :)  More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment