Just a few hours earlier I'd had an update from the site supervisor as well, which informed me of details something like this:
- Tiling has been completed throughout the house.
- Plumber will be in next week to do all the fit-off of taps etc.
- Hebel guys will be inspecting the house on Friday, and Metricon are waiting for a report back from them.
- The back wall that's been cut out (which was because of the frame being out of plumb) will be repaired early next week, after which they'll get the painters back in.
- Flooring will be done late next week and/or early the week after, which includes both the timber-look laminate and carpet.
Tiles don't look to bad - they're basic though, and we didn't really have a lot of choice in colours for tiles. There was one very, very obvious screwup though. Remember how I said I'd paid for a glass splashback, which was basically what's going to liven up the room? Well, imagine my shock when I saw this:
Basically straight away I sent off a query, basically saying "I didn't know they put glass over top of the tiles..." ;)
As expected, they gave me the option of leaving it with a credit, or fixing it. A glass splashback isn't just a look and feel thing, it's also easier to clean and much better on the fire safety side - so it's definitely getting fixed.
Some other shots of the tiles having been completed:
Oh, and now we have some shelving in the pantry!
Very difficult to get a photo that shows the width though, since there's a doorway there and all.